Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Ribbon Tab Dance

I'm growing weary of the Ribbon Tab feature that allows you to cycle through the ribbon display options if you double click on a tab. I say weary because I've been using a Intous 4 for a few months now and I find that I occasionally double tap when I think the software is lagging or didn't accept my first tap. The result is a new ribbon format. During training it is annoying. During remote access of another pc it is even more frequent because of the inherent lag between my screen and theirs. I'd love it if there were a "switch" that let me disable that feature.

I recorded a little video of it if you haven't had the pleasure?


3 comments:

Ben May said...

Yep, annoying for me too. Especially after a coffee and my clicking goes up a few levels!

Aaron Maller said...

Its BRUTAL when youre in a remote control setting. I am SO with you there. We use office Communicator and screen share/control for remote assistance, and i double click everything on account of screen latency.

I wish we could turn it off. Same with dragging the Panels off. I'll be sliding the mouse when i click on mouseover, and will rip panels off and not notice it. *sigh*

Matt Stachoni said...

Man, I was having a heck of a time with one of my students with this problem just yesterday. I did not even realize this behavior happened until this timely post.