Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Fun Learning Worksets

A bit lighter post tonight. Had a gang of 12 working together getting acquainted with (and some reacquainted) with worksets. One task I put to such a group is to work without coordinating their efforts, intentionally. I have them do so for a few minutes and then have them all sync their work.

It usually makes for a lively discussion, for a bit. In conversations with Paul Aubin about teaching this feature we've both encountered students adding trees, sketching their names with walls, creating curvy cool things and much more. This afternoon was a first for me...99 Luftballons...




Thanks for a good laugh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I about to do workset training for my company and I'm curious as to how you go about it.

Steve said...

Well you can hire me ;)

I prefer to work connected so everyone is part of the same class project file. Then ask people to take care of specific tasks and to create new work. As in my post I also ask them to create new work without coordinating to emphasis how chaotic it can be, more so than cad in many ways if we all just do whatever we want.

Then there is the basic concepts, how to organize a project, what do terms mean and how do we interact and communicate with this new "language" etc...

Good luck!