Friday, February 15, 2013

Create New Local Disabled

Usually the culprit is the network path (previous post). If it is intermittent, as in it worked a few minutes ago but now it isn't, it can be something else. It is probably file access, meaning Synchronization with Central by others or someone opening their own local file at the same time.

I find the create new local option is disabled occasionally when there are a lot of other users active. If I select the file and the option is disabled I click on another central to see if it is network related. My thinking is if it does it for several central files then somethings wrong with "me". If I wait a few seconds or minutes I find that clicking on the file again will allow Revit another "look" at the file and the option "wakes up".

It may just be busy people and activity between locals and the central.

No comments: